Last year, the hackers stole a lot of money (hundreds of thousands of dollars) from a renowned professional League of Legends player. Also, the same hackers tried to gain control of his LOL account several times.
Also, last year, Kotaku, which is a renowned gaming online magazine consider publishing an article that described the importance of making use of 2FA in detail.
Not only that, but they advised the LOL players for contacting the game developers and also ask them to add the security feature to their website.
This year all these things will get a little crazy. League of Legends accounts are considered to be hot and so, there is always a risk of getting hacked in case you do not have a strong password set up. The thing is very simple.
But, you do not have to panic as there are a lot of things that you can specifically do for increasing their security. But, this is not applicable if your account or accounts are still okay.
Most cybersecurity experts usually recommend making use of a password manager such as Valt or 1Password. A good password manager is considered to be very important, but you always need to select a strong password.
Not only that, but there are some other things that you can do for increasing the security of your LOL account and that are provided in the below-mentioned section.
But, the most important point of focus is to create strong passwords that anyone cannot even guess or specifically the most advanced password guessing programs.
In case, you are just initiating with the League of Legends, then, all that you need is to focus on creating a secure password from the get-go.
But, if you already possess an account, you should first complete the password recovery procedure for the creation of a new one.
Those players who already have an account can also create a new and stronger password by following the below-mentioned steps.
Also, the new users would be able to set up a new and strong password whenever they sign up.
How To Recover Your League Of Legends Password?
The below-mentioned steps will specifically allow you to recover your password via leagueoflegends.com.
- First of all, you need to tap on the “LOGIN” option present on the upper right portion.
- After that, you should click on the “Forgot Password?” link.
- Next, you should consider entering your Username and choose the specific region to which your account exactly belongs.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” option.
- After you are done with this, Riot Games will send you an email suggesting you further instructions. All that you need is to tap on to the given link in the email and ultimately set up a new password.
How To Create A Strong League Of Legends Password
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to create a new password:
- Your new password must be between 8 and 30 characters long.
- The password should essentially have at least one number.
- You should avoid spaces or slashes in the password as these are not acceptable.
- You should always focus on creating such a password that is very difficult to guess. For this, you should use a combination of special symbols, hyphens, upper and lower cases, numbers, and letters.
Useful Tips To Follow For Increasing The Security Of Your Account
It is a very important step to set up a strong password as this will protect your account.
While you create your password, you should avoid using the words from the dictionary.
Instead of that, you should try to create random, long passwords, make use of a password manager, and also periodically change your password.
It is very important to protect your email accounts at all costs. For this, you should turn on 2FA if possible. This will specifically enable extra security layers in case your email service has them.
Another thing that you need to avoid is to log in to the shared spaces such as a PC café, at work, or school.
If you do such things, you should always remember to log out. Riot Games suggests to log off even if you are opening your account for only a second.
Never share your League of Legends account with anyone and do not get baited by any sorts of phishing attempts.
If anytime you receive a suspicious email that asks you for your account-related information, you should always avoid replying to that particular email or click on any of the links present within the email.
Now, you have a clear idea about the best ways to change your League of Legends password and create a new one. Also, you have now understood how you can protect your account from hackers.